Five Ways to Use Shark Bite in Speech TherapyJul 19, 2023
We love providing SLPs with tonnes of ideas and ways they can take what they already own and use them across your caseload! Here are 5 ways you can use Shark Bite by Goliath Games in your speech therapy sessions:
1. Verbs: fishing, catching/caught, swimming/swam, eating/ate, have, got, want.
2. Following Directions: place 3 sea creatures in front of the child and say (1-step): put the red crab in his mouth; (2-step): first put the lobster in, then put the fish in the shark's mouth.
3. Speech Sounds: /s/: "stick in", "scary sneaky", "steal/stole a fish", "snap", "skip"; /sh/: "shark", "fish", "push the fish in", " I need the fishing rod", "ocean"; /f/:"green fish", "it fits", "let's go fishing", "I need the fishing rod", "find a...".
4. Requesting: Have the child request between 2 sea creatures the child wants to put IN the shark's mouth and then which creature they want to take OUT of the shark's mouth each time it's their turn.
5. Themed Vocabulary: lobster, shark, fish, crab.
*Bonus* -- Opposites: in/out, up/down
Are you looking for more ways to use play in your sessions and use your own resources across your caseload??? You're in LUCK!!! We are opening the Play Based Speech Therapy Course doors SOON! Get on our email list HERE for all the details & discounts for when our course opens, more speech therapy ideas and freebies!
Get on our Email List!
The waitlist will give you access to an Exclusive Pricing, freebies, and Giveaways!