Using Bath Toys in Speech TherapyAug 16, 2023
We use bath toys ALLLLL the time in our speech therapy sessions and here are some of our favourite ways on HOW!
1. Concepts: Model early concepts during water play. Targets can include: wet/dry, full/empty, in/out, and on/off.
2. Song Companions: Pair with songs or books - using them as play props! Songs you can use with bath toys include "5 Little Ducks", "Green and Speckled Frogs", and "Tiny Tim".
3. Go Fishing: Use a small bucket with a net. Work on basic concepts, negation, verbs, and sentence expansion!
4. Water Fight: Use the animals to squirt other animals. Target body parts, following directions, concepts, sentence expansion!
5. Guessing Game: Bring out a few toys and take turns describing and guessing the toy. Target describing, WH-Question, and themed vocabulary.
Looking for more ways to use your toys and games to target a variety of speech and language skills? You're in luck! Take our FREE online training to learn more! Watch it here.
Get on our Email List!
The waitlist will give you access to an Exclusive Pricing, freebies, and Giveaways!